Jeff Dickerson is the firm’s senior corporate lawyer, and the managing shareholder of the firm’s Austin office, which he helped to establish in 2008. Jeff serves as outside general counsel to businesses in a number of different industries, including refinery services, beverage distribution, periodical distribution, oilfield service, insurance and physician practices. He specializes in mergers and acquisitions, private placements of securities, and general corporate work.
B.A., University of Texas, 1983 — Special Honors in English
M.A., University of Virginia, 1984
J.D., University of Texas, 1988
AV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® for Corporate Law
Listed in Texas Super Lawyers
Member, State Bar of Texas, Business Law and Construction Law Sections
Former Director, South Texas Public Broadcasting System, Inc., the Corpus Christi PBS affiliate
• Represented buyer in debt-financed $140+ million acquisition of beverage distributorship.
• Represented borrower in debt-financed $60+ million recapitalization of its energy service business.
• Represented owners in $45+ million recapitalization of refinery service business.
• Represented sellers in $50+ million sale of oilfield services business and purchase of new equity in successor business.
• Represented owners in $30+ million sale of refinery service business and purchase of new equity in successor business.
• Represented various companies in multiple $20+ million borrowings for working capital lines of credit and equipment purchases.
• Represented seller in sale of transportation logistics business for cash and public company stock (value subject to confidentiality agreement).
• Represented seller in sale of gas marketing business (value subject to confidentiality agreement).
• Represented management in leveraged buyout of food processing company (value subject to confidentiality agreement).
• Represented seller in sale of automobile dealership involving three large automobile manufacturer brands (value subject to confidentiality agreement).
• Represented seller in sale of insurance agency business (value subject to confidentiality agreement).
• Represented company in sale of combination debt/contingent equity interest to investor (value contingent on performance of company).
• Represented managing partner in reorganization and recapitalization of family of related companies owning multiple health and fitness clubs.
• Represented partner in formation of technology development partnership with two Fortune 500 companies.
• Represented partner in formation of partnership engaged in periodical distribution business in multiple states.
Jeff lives in Austin with his wife, Julie, and their son Ben. He plays tennis, guitar, and piano, none of them well.