Scott Taylor is the firm’s senior energy lawyer. Scott represents land owners in negotiations involving oil and gas leases, uranium mining leases, wind leases and easements, seismic permitting and option agreements, pipeline easements and conveyances involving mineral and wind rights.
He also represents oil and gas exploration and production companies, oil and gas marketers and pipeline companies, and independent geologists, geophysicists and engineers in transactions involving domestic and international oil and gas exploration joint ventures, oil and gas production sales and acquisitions, operating agreements, joint seismic acquisition agreements, oil and gas marketing agreements, consulting agreements and all aspects of negotiations with land and mineral owners.
In addition, Scott represents clients in regulatory matters involving oil and gas exploration and production activities.
B.B.A., Texas A&M University, 1990
J.D., University of Houston, 1994 — Member, Phi Delta Phi
Board Certified, Oil, Gas and Mineral Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, since 2000
• Represented 30 sellers in a $130 million complex producing oil and gas asset sale.
• Represented buyer in $150 million tax planned, asset swap involving the acquisition of producing oil and gas assets.
• General counsel for a 300,000 acre mineral owner for oil and gas matters.
• Represented independent exploration company in establishing international operations in Latin America.
• Represented operators and non-operators in negotiation of more than 100 joint exploration agreements involving onshore and offshore properties, including drilling participation agreements, joint seismic acquisition agreements, and operating agreements.
• Represented landowner in favorable multi-million dollar title dispute settlement with the state government.
Member, Corpus Christi Association of Professional Landmen
Member, American Association of Professional Landmen
Member, Texas Land and Mineral Owners Association
Member, Grace UMC
Scott is married and he and his wife, Mia, have two children. Scott lives in Corpus Christi.